Sunday, November 30, 2008
Saturday, November 29, 2008
When Billy was a kid, this used to drive him crazy! He was usually the one who would knock it down, then I would be next. It would always be followed by "STUPID DOORKNOB COVER !" Once you declared that you had knocked it over, you could then kick it down the rest of the hallway, chase after it, and put it back on for the next victim. At one point, I think H had to sew one of the eyes back on. This year it took Kyra a day to be the first one to knock it off. The second picture is the doorknob cover after Kyra knocked it off! Yep, let the season begin !
Monday, November 24, 2008
The Princess Bride
2. I've been stabbed, shot, poisoned, frozen, hung, electrocuted, and burned.
3. Stay in school and use your brain. Be a doctor, be a lawyer, carry a leather briefcase. Forget about sports as a profession. Sports make ya grunt and smell. See, be a thinker, not a stinker.
4. Three dimes, a hundred dollar bill and 87 ones.
5. You can't ask for advice about the woman you're trying to hose FROM the woman you're trying to hose!
6. It feels out there. I mean, it's a major rush. I mean, it feels radical in kind of a tubular sort of way, but most of all, it feels out there.
7. They gave me candy and called me their light.
8. Yeah, and we're not gonna fall for a banana in the tailpipe.
Beverly Hill Cop
9. Me? I'm scared of everything. I'm scared of what I saw, I'm scared of what I did, of who I am, and most of all I'm scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I'm with you.
10. You can take the girl out of the honky tonk, but you can't take the honky tonk out of the girl.
Sweet Home Alabama
Friday, November 21, 2008
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Today is Helena's Birthday! Everybody sing her the birthday song !!
Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Hche, Happy Birthday to you !!!
On This Day...
1863 - American Civil War: U.S. President Abraham Lincoln delivers the Gettysburg Address at the dedication of the military cemetery ceremony at Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
1946 - Afghanistan, Iceland and Sweden join the United Nations.
1959 - The Ford Motor Company announces the discontinuation of the unpopular Edsel.
1967- The establishment of TVB, the first wireless commercial television station in Hong Kong.
1971- American Helena Jo Kokaliares is born in Barstow, California.
1977- Egyptian President Anwar Sadt becomes the first Arab leader to officially visit Israel, when he meets Israeli prime minister Menachem Begin and speaks before the Knesset in Jerusalem, seeking a permanent peace settlement.
1985 - Cold War: In Geneva, U.S. President Ronald Reagan and Soviet Union leader Mikhail Gorbachev meet for the first time.
1997 - In Des Moines, Iowa, Bobbi McCaughey gives birth to septuplets in the second known case where all seven babies were born alive. They would go on to become the first set of septuplets to survive infancy, with all seven alive in 2008.
1905 - Tommy Dorsey, American bandleader (d. 1956)
1917- Indira Gandhi, Prime Minister of India (d. 1984)
1933 - Larry King, American TV personality
1936 - Dick Cavett, American talk show host
1938 - Ted Turner, American businessman
1941 - Dan Haggerty, American actor
1942 - Calvin Klein, American clothing designer
1959 - Allison Janney, American actress
1961 - Meg Ryan, American actress
1962 - Jodie Foster, American actress
1966 - Jason Scott Lee, American actor
1971- Helena Kokaliares, 1st perfect woman
1973 - Billy Currington, American singer and songwriter
1977 - Kerri Strug, American gymnast
Holidays and Observances
Mali - Liberation Day
Puerto Rico - Discovery of Puerto Rico (1493)
United States - Equal Opportunity Day
Brazil - Flag Day
Norway - The Liberation of the Sai People of the coast
United Arab Emirates- Pilgrimage
Trinidad and Tobago - International Men's Day
Feast of the Prophet Obadiah (Greek Orthodox Church)
World - World Toilet Day
India - International Men's Day
HAPPY DAY !!!!