Friday, July 8, 2011

Are you Serious????



I came across the original lyrics to the Pirates of the Caribbean song for the Disneyland ride...UNBELIEVABLE !  Stop Reading if you are feint of heart...

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.

We pillage, we plunder, we burp, and fart,
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.
We'll kill your old pappy and pull out 'is heart,
Drink up me 'earties, yo ho.

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.
We rape, we murder, we murder, and rape,
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.
We rape, and we rape, oh we really like rape,
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.
We vivisect, torture, wedgie, and bite,
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.
We run with no pants on, we're really a fright,
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.
Set fire to a pet store, cut off your legs,
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.
We tell our own grandma to go suck eggs,
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.
We're liars, white slavers, perverts, and cads,
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.
Aye, but we're loved by our mommies and dads,
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho


By the way, Disney changed the lyrics in 1997.  They also have a version that aires on Spring break.  The original version sung by the pirates as guests sailed by, was a ribald, brutally frank tune about the lives of real, historical pirates.  Yes, even Disney has a past...

2 comments:

H said...

Hmm, so much of this song could be directly linked to men in general... burp, fart, wedgie, bite, run with no pants, you're really a fright, liars, perverts, and cads,only loved by your mummies and dads... well, maybe not quite as drastic but I see where there could be a parallel.

Unknown said...

ya I love the wedgie part! I mean we all know that pirates are bad guys but the wedgie part is funny!!!