Saturday, March 27, 2010

26 things I thought of at the Cubs' game...

Going to see the Chicago Cubs play is a lot of fun.

Everyone goes to the Cubs games. At least on this day.

Sitting on the grassy area behind right field are the best seats in the house.

Hooters girls do not look out of place at a ball game. Hello!

Although it is spring training, these guys can play.

It was 2-2 in the 8th. I couldn't bear to see them lose, so I left early.

They lost 5-2.

The pitchers warming up throw the ball reaaly, really fast.

I could still take those same pitchers down town.

There were two girls not so dressed advertising a bar. Even if I went to bars, I would pass.

Why, at a Cubs game, would the city choose to use small metal drums for the trash? Why not the full size 55 gallon drums? The one by us was overflowing by inning two.

Two years in a row now, the girls on my team (we were at the game for a team builder), spent more time shopping, eating, and walking around, than watching the game.

The players not playing are nice to the fans. One even posed when asked if the person could get his picture.

You expect to pay high prices for snack bar items.

How can that many people like Old Style. Horrible stuff.

My friend bought a 24 oz. beer for $10. Even if I drank beer, I couldn't get myself to spend that kind of money on a drink. The 12 oz. cans were $5. Ouch!

Do the math. $5 per beer= $30 for a 6 pack. How is it that Mesa can't afford to keep the Cubbies?

Kids are cool. Especially when they walk around wearing their baseball glove on their heads.

It is not ok to wear a long sleeve jacket to an outdoor baseball game when it is nearly 80 degrees out. Even if you just bought it at the gift store and left the tag on.

It is never ok to leave the tag on.

Chinese food at the Cubs game? Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Is the plastic glass you get when you buy an exotic drink from the snack bar worth taking home? Much alone carring around for the whole game?

The sun felt good. My face disagreed after the game.

In the third inning, the shortstop for the Cubbies was back pedaling to catch the ball that was easily catchable by the left fielder. Always let the outfielder catch it. If I know this, and have enough time to say it outloud three times before the shortstop dropped it, shouldn't the shortstop know this? I am sure he was demoted to the minors after the game.

Mesa should redesign the walkway that goes between the lawn seating and the field. If they redirected the path for the people, it would be a better experience for those that have lawn seating.

It is NOT ok to stand right next to a sign that says "No Standing".

That's how I see it !!!

1 comment:

H said...

What were you doing looking at the Hooters girls?! You should have been walking around with a glove on your head...