Sunday, March 14, 2010

Name the Movie !


These are the ten most recognizable film quotes according to a 1998 survey of a group of "10 film critics and experts" who were asked by Guinness to draw up a list of the "ten most famous movie quotes ever." According to the publication's editors, "We were looking for quotations that were accessible and that had popular appeal on a global scale. We were also looking for wit and delivery.



1. "...Bond. James Bond."

2. "Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine."

3. "Well, it's not the men in your life that counts, it's the life in your men."
4. "I'll be back."

5. "Would you be shocked if I put on something more comfortable?"

6. "My Mama always said, 'Life was like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get.'"

7. "I could dance with you till the cows come home...On second thought, I'd rather dance with the cows when you came home."

8. "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn!"

9. "You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Well, who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well, I'm the only one here. Who the f--k do you think you're talkin' to?"

10. "Gimme a whiskey, ginger ale on the side. And don't be stingy, baby."


2 comments:

H said...

1. That would be a Bond movie.
2. (know it but can't name it) I'd guess Casablanca because they quote parts of it in When Harry Met Sally and the guy runs a bar, I think.
4. Terminator
6. Forest Gump
8. Gone with the Wind
9. (it's killing me that I can't place this one. You say that to me all the time. I thought it was the gay guy that stole the armoire from Elaine on Seinfield.)

Matthew J. said...

Can I guess the ones on the cellulose your used as your photo?

1) Speed Racer
2) Iron Man
3) Get Smart
4) The Dark Knight

Okay for real

1)Dr. No (since it was the first time)
2)Casablanca
3)I'm No Angel (I loved Mae West)
4)Terminator
5)Hell's Angels (did I tell you that I once tried to watch AFI's greatest movies of all time?
6)Forest Gump
7)Duck Soup (never did get the whole Marx Brothers attraction thing)
8)Gone With the Wind
9)Taxi Driver
10) Anna Christie