Thursday, May 13, 2010

Sports Movie Quotes...


1.You know, most people would kill... to be treated like a god, just for a few moments.

2. What are you grinning at, you ghost?

3. You just got lesson number one: don't think; it can only hurt the ball club.

4. I coulda been better. I coulda broke every record in the book.

5. Attitude reflects leadership, captain.

6. What's your rush, dollbody? What do you say we slip in the back seat, and make a man out of me?

7. Let me get back to you, will ya, Charlie? I got a guy on the other line asking about some white walls.

8. Sex and golf are the two things you can enjoy even if you're not good at them.

9. You know what we get to do today, Brooks? We get to play baseball.

10. Hey this place is really somethin else huh? Someday I'm gonna come out of that tunnel and I'm gonna run onto this field

How many can you name?

5 comments:

H said...

1.For Love of the Game
2.Field of Dreams
3.Bull Durham
4.The Natural
5.Remember the Titans
6.(no idea, could be any one of them since all testerone driven men just want to get them some!)
7.Major League
8.Happy Gilmore (is that really a sports movie?)or Tin Cup
9.The Rookie
10.A League of Their Own

Bill said...

1. incorrect
6. incorrect (you didn't answer)
8. you only get one answer per question
10. incorrect

Hmm...60%, not bad for a chick!

H said...

1.Some dumb football movie, based on a true story probably. Or maybe it was that one where Cuba Gooding Jr. plays the grounds keeper. I don't really know.
6.I will switch for 10 and go with League of their Own, probably the scene when the girls snuck out to the bar.
8.Tin Cup (50/50 guess and I still say Happy Gilmore wasn't a sports movie)
10.Rudy. (I finally remembered the name of that dumb show I can't sit through)

Bill said...

1. "Some dumb football movie". I googled this, and, surprise, it is not a movie. Incorrect.
6. Correct
8. Correct
10. Correct

H said...

How about a not-so dumb basketball movie? Yep, since you googled, I searched.

Hoosiers!!!

No strike out here baby and I certainly wouldn't go down lookin'.

Now, let's do a run of Kevin Costner quotes just for fun :) I'm sure I'll place all of his movies unless you throw in that wolf one.