Thursday, December 18, 2008

Movie quotes...with a twist


Here is my next installment in the movie quote era. These are bound to be harder. Name the movie, the character who said it and if you can, solve the theme!


1. Welcome, my friends. Thirteen years it's been, and yet, here you stand as if it were only yesterday. I confess myself... disappointed. Not one of you tried to find me...


2. I sense something; a presence I've not felt since...


3. Going so soon? I wouldn't hear of it. Why my little party's just beginning.


4. I do wish we could chat longer, but... I'm having an old friend for dinner. Bye.


5. Now comes the part where I relieve you, the little people, of the burden of your failed and useless lives. But, as my plastic surgeon always said: if you gotta go, go with a smile.


6. When they touch down, we'll blow the roof, they'll spend a month sifting through rubble, and by the time they figure out what went wrong, we'll be sitting on a beach, earning twenty percent.


7. And since you've been so good to poor old Granny, I'll share a secret with you. This is no ordinary apple. It's a magic wishing apple.


8. I'm gonna kill you slow.


9. No wire hangers, ever!


10. Why is the greatest criminal mind of our time surrounding himself with total nincompoops?



4 comments:

Monique said...

9 is Mommy Dearest!

Crystal said...

1. Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire - Voldemort (Ralph Fiennes)
2. Star Wars: A New Hope - Darth Vadar (James Earl Jones)
4. Silence of the Lambs? - Hannibal Lecter (I can't think of this actors name right now but it's on the tip of my tongue!)
5. Batman - the Joker (Jack Nicholson)
6. Bandits? - not sure who said it since I am guessing - maybe Bruce Willis character?
7. Snow White? - the witch

I probably missed most of these and I'm not sure what your theme is - maybe Psychotic movies about killers? Just a guess. go ahead and embarass me (but I'm 100% positive I got #2 correct since it is in the Star Wars universe which I currently live in).

H said...

I agree with Crystal on all her guesses. I don't remember that line from Mommy Dearest, but I'll trust Mo.

3. The Wizard of Oz, The Wicked Witch ("I'll get you my pretty!")

10 is gonna bug me until you tell me. I've seen this movie, right? Was it a cartoon?

H said...

#10 (drum roll please)... real actors, based on a comic book... Superman! Lex Luther (Gene Hackman) says it.

WooHoo. I'm doin' a little dance now.